Welcome to Romero Catholic Academy Trust
We are one of three multi academy trusts established by the Catholic Diocese of Salford to serve the schools in the north of the diocese. Our geographical area includes diocesan schools within the local authorities of Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Calderdale.
We are a rapidly growing academy trust. Currently, we are family of five primary and two secondary schools. The Trust includes some schools with directive academy orders but most are voluntary convertors who have taken the decision to become an academy to work more closely within our community of schools to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils and to support each other.
The purpose of the Trust is simple: We have come together so that our schools can work together to improve the outcomes, experiences and future life chances of our children and young people.
Under the inspiration of St Oscar Romero
This is what we are about:
- We plant the seeds that one day will grow.
- We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise.
- We lay foundations that will need further development.
- We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.
- We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realising that.
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well.